Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 22, 2011 - GAIAS Orientation

Time for another orientation today! This time for the GAIAS portion of our program. The GAIAS group is much smaller than our full orientation with all international students - only about 40-50 students. We had the opportunity today to hear about all of the trips that we will be doing while in the Quito area, and also what we will be doing when we are on the Galapagos. We also spent quite a bit of time getting our information together for the Censo, which legalizes our stay in Ecuador.

We realized we needed a few more passport pictures for the Censo and our student ID, so we went to get them taken, then checked out some of the shops in the strip mall. I needed to buy some lotion, which took way longer than it should have - I spend a ton of time determining which lotion I should purchase when I am able to read the bottle in English, that time was doubled today, but I walked out of their proudly with my Lubriderm for dry and sensitive skin.

After stopping in a few more shops, Sarah and I headed home. Dinner tonight - corn on the cob with cream cheese instead of butter, chicken, and boiled tree tomato for dessert. It was another amazing meal from Martha! The corn had huge kernels, and was much different than that sweet corn with have in the States. Check it out:

Corn on the cob. We put cream cheese on it instead of butter, and took bites of cheese between bites of corn. Was quite good!

Chicken

Tree tomato - very sweet. Ours was still warm, but we heard it tastes best served cold. Was still amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment